Full-stack dev quiz question #67
Pre-caching is a little less popular than its more famous brother on-demand caching, but still important. Check the sixty-seventh question of full-stack dev quiz to check, if you know what pre-caching actually is.
What actually is pre-caching?
Choose all correct sentences.
- Pre-caching generally reduces maximum response time compared to on-demand caching.
- Pre-caching doesn't make sense in combination with distributed cache.
- Pre-caching is a well-known anti-pattern.
- Pre-caching generates cached values before they are actually requested.
- Pre-caching may unnecessarily cache values, that will never be requested.
- Pre-caching is worse than on-demand caching because the average response time is generally longer.
For the correct answer scroll down
The correct answers are: a, d, e. If you want to read more, check the Caching possibilities article.